Each year more than 10 million test kilometres are driven on our proving ground. The total number of test vehicles ranges between 10,000 and 12,000 vehicles a year.
The drivers' and other users‘ safety has always priority. The basic rule is: „Safety before programme!“
In addition we provide unlimited prototype and information protection.
Along with all responsible parties and responsible authorities ATP has established a safety and security concept. All constructional, technical, organisational and personnel safety and security measures comply
with the state-of-the-art safety and security requirements.
ATP´s safety and security standards are reviewed by assessors, e.g. TÜV Süd, on a regular basis.
Some examples of the safety and security measures on the proving ground Papenburg:
- Latest barrier systems on all tracks
- Run-off areas meeting all demands
- Additional safety lane on the High Speed Oval
- Permanent monitoring of vehicles and regulations by the track control centre
- Each vehicle on the High Speed Oval ist equipped with a collision warning system
- Separation of fast and slow test traffic on the High Speed Oval
- Sanction of regulations´ violation
- Involvement of the safety and security management in customer registration process
- Provision of a safety & security manager
- Provision of a safety & security coordinator
- Provision of a certified rescue service and fire brigade